Crimson Flame @ Bright Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horse and the Coal Mine

5 posters

Go down

The Horse and the Coal Mine Empty The Horse and the Coal Mine

Post by Nihilias Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:26 am

After telling Yumi, Dark, and Smoky about a bit of my childhood, it got me thinking about some other supernatural incidents i've experienced in my life. I'll say this first off: If you asked me if i believed in ghosts, id laugh at that question. When i was a kid, i practically grew up with ghostly occurrences. Mostly some that could be proven fake or otherwise a figment of ones own imagination, but that being something that comes from the mouth of a person who hasn't really 'been there'. Having grown up with them, i thought it was a natural thing... but through the years i've come to terms that that wasn't at all the case. Even so, my point being, in the forum chat i told them the reason my sisters and i, mother included, moved out of the house i grew up in... i donno if they were joking with me that they were scared or not, i couldn't really tell lol. So im going to post another 'ghost story' to test that out :3

Now, despite what the police said to us about the incident in my old house. Im still sure it was sicko spirit (as i call them) that did all that. A spirit that it's psyche is just outright... well... sick. But a sicko spirit is nothing compared to a demented spirit... especially one that is, for lack of a better term, evil. Now, i have a different definition for the word 'evil' then most people, so im using your guys' definition of the word for this case.

This story, like the one before it, is very much true. Rather or not you choose to accept it is your own choice. I lived it and that's enough for me. ^^

The Horse and the Coal Mine

About three years ago, when i first moved out of California and into South Carolina, and shortly after i met my roomie. I heard she had been taking care of a horse that was left alone on a abandoned plot of land where one of her old friends used to live. Me, being on my journey to better myself in this world as a person, asked if she'd mind if i helped her. She looked at me with a funny look that i didn't understand until later, and said it was fine... "just dont get into any trouble" she said.

The drive from her house to the plot of land was about an hours drive away and down an old dirt road that her car had no trouble driving down past sundown. For some reason or another, the radio signal in her car always went out by the time we'd get to the house at the end of the driveway. The tower was well within range and as far as i knew there wasn't anything but trees all around. The house itself was a mess inside and out. Windows busted, screens torn, window flaps broken or missing altogether. Dirt, leaves, and broken limbs laid scattered across the roofing and the front door was broken down. Inside there wasn't much difference... some of the furniture was still there as well as some of their stuff.

Outback was the dog pin, empty now, and further back was the old Barn where they kept their horses. However, it was in no condition to keep a horse, or much of anything else for that matter. You could look at it funny and it would just about cave in. The horse we came to take care of though stayed out in the field, fenced in with not much but a water trough and a bucket for its oats. All the grass around the barn and the pasture was all overgrown since it was more then just us two could handle... Not much we could do about it until someone found a better place for it to stay.

Every morning and night we would come to feed it and make sure it was properly cared for. The mornings were fine, but at night the air seamed heavy and uneasy, something im a bit familiar with.. so i asked my roomie if she noticed it too. That was when she told me that out just past where the horses pasture is, was a pit to an old abandoned coal mine that had been there since the states were young. That apparently something or someone killed all the workers there and eventually drove the people who lived in the area away. She asked me if i was sure i wanted to help her, i told her that i was sure i could manage.

The last night we left the house to check on and feed the horse.. the air was heavy with dread the moment we stepped outside to get in the car. The world around us trying to tell us to stay home. We both knew that's what it was saying, but the horse was what we cared about. Her car wouldn't start either, an even stronger sign that told us not to go.. but we took her mothers truck. As we drove there, the trees seamed to lean over the road in warning... all the houses that normally had their porch lights on where off.. gas stations closed. And as a final warning, when we got to the dirt road, the truck stalled and gave a fit there after. So we walked.

There wasn't much of a breeze, yet the leaves in the trees above us rustled as if there was a strong wind blowing. The normal hum of the night life was still... not even the chirp of a cricket could be heard. Just the rustling of the leaves above us, and the sound of our footsteps echoing off the ground. When we got up to the house, we both noticed the it had caved in and fell over the dog lot. My roomie tried to ask me once more if i was sure i wanted to help, but i stopped her and told her that it was already to late. As we walked up the path around the back of the house up to the barn, an opposing wind met us. Hitting the trees and made the tall grass dance. We soon noticed that the barn too had finally collapsed... and the stars above us couldn't be seen, save a slight glimpse of the moon through the dark clouds. This was when i mentioned to my roomie that we should have brought a flashlight... but what light there was from the moon was enough for use to see the horse waiting to greet us in the distance.

The first step we took off the path and into the tall grass was the trigger point as the heavy wind around us quickly changed to an overwhelming sense of dread, and this being the moment i knew that we were dealing with a demented spirit. Or should i say, we were being delt with. My roomie and i took each others hand, and we looked each other in the eye, telling each other that no matter what happens, to not let go. We hurried to the horse through the grass that felt like it was trying to hold us to it and keep us from going any further. The horse itself fidgeting about, fighting its own fear with its hunger.

When we were sure that it was alright enough to eat, we made our way back to the collapsed barn where next to it was the hay and container of grain we used as feed. I grabbed three flakes of hay, and my roomie handled the grain. As she did, i turned to look back at the horse whom i couldn't hear anymore. She was still there, but no longer moving.. to far away though to see what she was doing though. The sound of the containers lid closing made me turn back to my roomie to see her mixing the grain and vitamins. A gust of wind hit the both of us, and the sound of the horse squealing as though it was in pain caused us both to drop the feed and run over to see what had happened. From our distance the horse looked fine, standing perfectly straight and watching us. But as we moved closer we saw that was far from the truth.

The smell of blood and something rotting pierced the air as we noticed that the horses flesh had been ripped from its body leaving only some shreds along its back and the eyeballs still in its sockets, staring at us as blood drenched its clearly visible bones. Its innards lay splatted across the floor below it as it still stood there. The wind around us stopped as the horse took a step towards us, reared its head up, spread its jaws and the remains of its mouth and gave out a shriek that spewed blood out at us and woke all the other unsettled spirits in the earth below us. A shriek that put us in a state of shock far worse then anything i've experienced, and nothing anything of this world could produce.

The ground below felt as though it gave way to the sound and seamed to crumble at our feet, pulling us in. I could then hear the howl of the other spirits in the air around us, if it wasn't for it, i wouldn't be at all aware of my surroundings following the preemptive shock. I turned back to my roomie who was already reaching to grab my arm and make a run for it, and as she did i turned back around to see the horse now trying to climb over the steal fencing that caged it. The tall grass now parting in multiple areas, carving paths towards us and fast speeds. The horse continued to shriek as i watched. My roomie pulling me away, my sense of dread and fear now gone... i wanted to know what would happen next if we stayed. But as i was being pulled away, i can remember the feeling of something hitting me in the face.

What happened while i was out im not going to tell you, its the reason i consider demented spirits worse then sicko spirits. When i awoke i was back at my roomie's house in my bed. My roomie was fine, and we dont talk much about that night, but she apparently pulled me all the way to the truck and drove back without much trouble. Several months after the incident, we came into contact with her friends that previously lived there, the owners of the horse. D.C. was the horse's name, however the horse had been dead for several years, nor do they remember ever having asked my roomie to take care of anything involving that plot of land.

Even after all that happened there, we still went back one more time... during daylight hours... just to see if everything was as it happened that night. We got to about the dirt road, looked to the house, saw what looked like something moving, and left.

- - THE END - -

sorry for the bad grammer, i typed this up way late passed when i should have gone to sleep, so i probably missed some parts.
Nihilias
Nihilias
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

The Horse and the Coal Mine Empty Re: The Horse and the Coal Mine

Post by YumiChan Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 pm

wowza...well um...thats interesting nihi O.o but i couldn't even begen to know how tearafiying that was but goos thing nothing happened to you ^^'
YumiChan
YumiChan
Rinne
Rinne

Location : i tend to live on here talking to friends but if i'm not there i'm most likely throwing cupcakes at ppls heads =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilias Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 am

^^; yea, im not very good at setting the scene with words... its hard to tell others about such events because you had to have been there to really feel it.
Nihilias
Nihilias
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 pm

YOU KNOW I HATE GHOSTS -_-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilias Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 pm

<3

>;D
Nihilias
Nihilias
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:27 am

Well, Ive been thinking of how to respond to this...

I think ghosts exist, but they don't seem to manifest any sort of physical behavior that I can see. But I've felt their presence at times.
Shana
Shana
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shana-Bright-Shadow-Ambassador-Nor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilias Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 am

If i were to think about it scientifically, just about any 'supernatural' occurrence can be justified under any regular means. As for physical manifestations, it could be said to be just someone seeing things or an illusion. The mind can play tricks on you, especially if you want to see something. And if a 'vision' is strong enough, the body can react in a way as though its been injured, leaving evidence of bruising or other wounds.

A lot of people who say they've witnessed ghosts and their activities tend to either have been under some influence, rather it be a drug or their own hysteria. And some people are just mentally unstable, or are just looking for their own entertainment by thrilling others and getting their 5 minutes under the spotlight.

Even i can't say im entirely all their, but its hard to deny when more then one person sees the very same thing. If in which case ghosts really can't physically manifest, then there may have been a shared delusion that a ghost could control within a persons mind. However, that's just how i see it.. even after all i've been through, i dont know in the least bit how such things could be, and the only way to find out is to become a ghost... but who could honestly say they know how to do that? lol

This existence we all share in of itself is far more greater then any of us can possibly realize, but the time we spend in it isn't at all worth getting worked up over either. It would be silly to point a finger at anything unjustified and say a ghost did it. But i can say one thing that's for sure, what happened to me after that night when i blacked out wont be something that will just go away in time ^^;
Nihilias
Nihilias
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:07 am

Well, I dont know exactly how to put this, but I wouldnt be surprised if somehow Ghosts could be scientifically proven. I know it sounds weird, but I tend to think that there is so much more out there to learn than all of the research of all the scientists that have ever lived combined out there still waiting to be discovered. (I just dont like ruling something out just because its popular belief)

But I agree with you. Most cases are just people being scared enough to see something spooky about anything they see especially at night when its hard to see.
Shana
Shana
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shana-Bright-Shadow-Ambassador-Nor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkInside Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm curious as to what happened when u were put cold nihi >_> it'd make the story scaryer. Lol
DarkInside
DarkInside
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilias Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:31 am

sorry Dark, but i just can't bring myself to easily speak about it.
Nihilias
Nihilias
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilias Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 am

The Horse and the Coal Mine Sucho_sucho

just a final scare factor that has absolutely nothing to do with the story :3
also, this isn't my work. Joel (sucho) is the artist.

Edit: covering your eyes wont make it go away ^^
Nihilias
Nihilias
Torch
Torch

Back to top Go down

Post by omnomnom Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:41 am

ahh Spinning eyes Freezing
omnomnom
omnomnom
Rinne